Hello and welcome to our final blog post before the New Year, and in this blog I would like to share with you some New Year predictions by some of the big hitters in the printing industry, as disclosed to Print Week. I am sure you will find their thoughts interesting:
Printing Industry Predictions
- Firstly Neil Lovell of the Printing Charity says: “Listening to people in the sector over the last few months it’s clear that the shift from transactional relationships, just taking print orders, to active problem-solving is happening at rapid speed. Those print businesses, large or small, who get that and are working directly with clients and the supply chain to deliver a complete solution for their customers will steal a march on those who take longer to adapt. Everyone knows how competitive the sector is so having the edge is going to be more important than ever.”
- Andy Barber, managing director of Imail said: “Digitally-printed packaging is a huge opportunity next year. Both the print and software technology is almost there in terms of speed and costs and I think we will see a huge shift in a move from generic packaging to tailored, personalised boxes.”
- Aron Priest of commercial print business Solopress kept it short and sweet and said “Large Format”!!
- Parry Jones of full service media agency The Specialist Works says: “E-commerce, e-commerce and e-commerce. The industry is growing rapidly and it’s almost impossible to scale a business on digital advertising alone. So printers have a real opportunity to align their offering with the growth of this industry. What was once the biggest threat to printers is now their biggest opportunity.”
- Finally BPIF chief executive Charles Jarrold says: “It’ll continue to be helping our customers understand how to use print effectively, complementing and enhancing their communications in ways that other channels can’t.”
Ronset Printers Leading The Way
We are pleased to say that Ronset seem set fair if the above predictions are anything to go by, as we are very much proactive in helping our clients solve any problems they have, we have already created personalised boxes for clients (see below), large format printing is one of our specialities, we are certainly embracing ecommerce and we continually get over to businesses and individuals how they can use printing materials effectively to advertise themselves.
You can read more on the above quotes by visiting the Print Week website at the following link: Printing Predictions
Finally we would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and we hope to see and hear from you in 2017.